The Border Terrier Club of America organizers will comply with AKC, state and local government and public health authorities to determine Covid risks and mitigation factors. At this time, these are the advised guidelines. These guidelines may be revised as circumstances dictate.
On Site Process and Procedures
Border Terrier Club of America, Inc. shall require temperature monitoring for volunteers, officials, exhibitors, and service providers once daily prior to entering the event areas. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter the event areas.
Everyone entering showgrounds will be required to wear a mask. Signage to this effect will be posted at the entrance and throughout the grounds.
The following individuals will not be permitted on the showgrounds:
- An individual who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms
- An individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 within last two weeks An individual who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks.
All Specialty participants will be required to sign a Border Terrier Club of America INC. Health Acknowledgement & Liability Waiver in order to remain at our scheduled events.
The Border Terrier Club of America, Inc. will post signage that displays all applicable federal, state and local regulations, requirements and orders as well as WHO recommendations and CDC guidelines as they relate to mass gatherings and sporting events in effect at the show.
Signage will be posted at all entrances to the show grounds which identifies the symptoms of COVID-19 and states the following:
- To protect others from possible transmission of the virus, anyone who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks (exception, healthcare personnel who have treated patients using appropriate medical-grade PPE during the course of performing professional duties), can not enter the show grounds. These individuals are encouraged to contact their health care provider immediately for further medical advice and must obtain documented clearance from their health care provider before entering the show grounds. Participants must assume responsibility for themselves and their own staff (e.g. assistants, etc.).
- Recommendations about good hygiene along with informing participants and others about ways to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Social distancing and limiting entries
- The Border Terrier Club of America, Inc. shall enforce social distancing requirements throughout the showgrounds at all times.
- Prohibit the public and non-essential personnel from being on the show grounds. Non-participants may watch from outside the tent with proper distance between spectators but will not be allowed inside the tent.
- Organize dog and exhibitor arrivals and departures to limit contact between people, exhibitors must leave the tent immediately after showing and cannot return unless they have another dog to show or need to return to the ring with their dog.
- Arrange judges’ and other officials’ areas to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Restrict show officials and judges’ areas access to essential personnel only. Limited entry will be considered if necessary. Regardless of the scope of the limitation, the limiting of entries must be done on a first come, first served basis and relevant information will be posted on the Show secretary’s Website.
Stewards, Club Officials and AKC officials will inform individuals when they are not in compliance with the regulations and requirements in effect at the show and shall report such situations to the Club Officials and AKC. The Border Terrier Club of America has the authority to remove from the facility any person who does not comply with the regulations and requirements in effect.
If an individual needs an accommodation under the American Disabilities Act, a request should be submitted, along with documentation of the disability and
need for accommodation, to Nina Fetter, Executive Dog Shows. Requests for accommodations will be reviewed on a confidential basis with a medical consultant. Participants are required to comply with these and any additional Show Organizer requirements at all times while present on show grounds. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the grounds. These requirements are in effect immediately and until further notice, however, they are subject to revisions as the COVID-19 environment changes.
Recommended Best Practices Covid-19
The following Recommended Best Practices have been provided to assist Show Organizers with determining risks and developing measures to mitigate those risks:
- Limit the number of entrances and exits to event areas to manage the number of individuals accessing event areas.
- Communication – Use radio, cell phone communication methods as much as possible and communicate important information frequently throughout the show grounds.
- All dogs enter on one side of the ring and exit on the other side
- Dogs will stand in the designated line, when the judge is examining the dog, the exhibitor and dog will move up to the next line and do their individual movement and return to the end of the line. The judge will point to the dog for its placement while standing in the lines (spaced 6 feet away from the other dogs).
- Provide markers to delineate 6 feet spacing between people in any waiting lines.
- There will be tables set up by class to pick up armbands. Please allow for extra time to get your armband.
- There will be no gathering around the tables.
- Parking areas will be maintained separate from event areas. RV parking is separate from regular auto parking.
- RV’s will all be parked facing the same direction to ensure maximum separation of RV entrance/exits.
- Automobiles will be parked in a separate area and will be parked no less than 6 feet apart.
Considerations for Club Members, Medical Personnel, Service Providers & Volunteers
- Cleaning/Sanitizing Locations will be provided with access to soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer at several areas through the grounds.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all officials, ring crew, clean up and medical officials.
- There will be frequent cleaning and sanitizing of bathrooms. Soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be provided in bathrooms.